Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Dark Shadows: David is Dead!

Included in the Special Features of the DVD Dark Shadows: Dark Shadows: The Haunting of Collinwood is a bonus episode that continues the storyline of Quentin (David Selby) and Beth's (Terry Crawford) haunting of Collinwood in 1969. In this episode we learn the circumstances and cause of Quentin's death in 1897. We also learn why he is so attached to David Collins (David Henesy). I know I've seen these episodes several years ago, but I don't remember the story at all! Isn't that great? Now I can watch them all over again as though for the first time!

Middle-aged forgetfulness can be frustrating and even embarrassing while trying to accomplish daily chores at home and at work, but when it comes to movies and TV shows, it can be an asset as you watch the shows and movies you loved in the past as though for the first time and fall in love with them all over again. This can be a lot of fun!

Because of this particular storyline in Dark Shadows I have hope for myself when I get to the spirit world and, apparently, regain my sharp-as-a-tack mind from my youth since Quentin and Beth's memories are as clear as if all the tragedy in their lives occurred just yesterday instead of seventy-two years earlier. I can't remember where I parked my car when I leave work in the evening, never mind something I did decades ago.

At the end of the episode Dr. Hoffman (Grayson Hall)  tells Professor Stokes (Thayer David) that she must go to the past and right the wrongs to save David even though the ghost of Quentin has announced that it's too late to save David from his evil clutches. As she lifts David's limp arm from the couch and feels his pulse, Dr. Hoffman exclaims to Professor Stokes, "David is dead!" 

Now I have to see the remaining episodes!


No comments:

Post a Comment