Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lee Van Cleef As Dracula?

Last night I watched a film-noir movie on Hulu called Kansas City Confidential (1952). I watched it because I saw Coleen Gray's obituary the other day that described her as a popular film-noir actress, so I searched her name on Hulu and came up with two movies: Kansas City Confidential and The Phantom Planet (1961). I was hoping for The Leech Woman (1960) but it wasn't an option. I chose Kansas City Confidential because I like film-noir.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a young Lee Van Cleef as one of the main characters and wearing a suit! I'm used to seeing him in westerns, especially the spaghetti western The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1966). Seeing him looking all bad-ass and in a suit, I wondered why he had never played Dracula. He would have made a really good Dracula with his piercing eyes and sharp features that would have been quite compatible with vampire teeth! There were so many vampire/Dracula movies made back in his day that one more wouldn't have hurt.

Why not? Coleen Gray would have made a good Mina too!

1 comment:

  1. Realmente, lê van Cliff teria tudo para ser um grande drácula , postura com seus ternos e semblante sério , Jak Palace teria um bom parceiro pra dividir as criações dos autores de filmes do gênero

    ReplyDelete