Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Halloween: Tis the Season

The leaves are starting to change, the temps are finally below 90 degrees and all the Halloween decorations are on the shelves in the stores. It's Halloween season! To celebrate the most fun season of the year, my daughter and I watched the original Halloween the other day. I watch it at least once a year, but I haven't seen it in a while. In fact, it's been so long that it still made me jump in a couple of places, like when Laurie (Jaime Lee Curtis) puts the key under the mat at "the old Myers place" where her real estate agent dad is planning to show it later that day. As she turns to walk away Michael Myers pops up and watches her out the window. Creepy!

Halloween is my favorite horror movie, mostly because of its simplicity and ability to send chills up my spine and, as just mentioned, makes me jump. My daughter likes to watch Linda and Bob get killed because she can't stand them. The slashing of teenagers hasn't stopped since Michael Myers stabbed that first girl on Halloween in 1963.

The scariest part is at the end when Michael Myers falls out the second story window after being shot several times and walks away! You can't kill evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment