Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Penny Dreadful: The Seance

Taking advantage of the free Showtime weekend on Hulu, I watched the first two episodes of Penny Dreadful. In the second episode, Vanessa (Eva Green) does some channeling during a parlor seance at a party. The medium who was hired to conduct the seance is even shocked at the anger and malevolence that flows forth from the beautiful, reserved Vanessa and when Vanessa climbs up onto the table and the evil spirit contorts her body into unnatural positions, the party fun is over.

Eva Green is such a great performer, it was a thrill to behold the frightening scene. I've blogged about her in the past, but here's a nice excuse to talk about her some more! I'm going to have to buy the DVD's because I'm not adding Showtime to my Hulu account even though it is only $8.99 a month. It is a good deal considering all of the good movies and original series that Showtime has to offer. But there are already too many tempting movies and TV shows on Hulu that would take me three lifetimes to watch! Why add more?

I am looking forward to catching up with the rest of Penny Dreadful. It's a hauntingly creepy show with beautiful costumes, great scenery and Eva Green.


No comments:

Post a Comment