Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Swing that ax! I really liked the period scenery and costumes in this movie. It was almost like being there in the midst of the 19th century. The action scenes were exciting and the train on the burning bridge was even edge-of-my-seat exciting. All in all, it was a pretty fun well-done movie. I had to look up what genre this movie was categorized because I kept finding myself laughing at the idea of Abe Lincoln slaying vampires just as athletically as Buffy the Vampire Slayer ever was. I wondered if it was meant to be a comedy or was it just me?

It was pretty silly the way he swung that ax in a routine like a martial artist with a bo staff. On the other hand, it was cool the way he freed himself from the old vampire's prison where he hung from his feet ready to be the vampire's next bloody meal. I never knew stiff old Lincoln was such a gymnast! 

As I watched the movie I tried to imagine a similar movie being made about one of our more recent presidents, but it was difficult since none of our recent presidents have done anything really legendary like Lincoln has. How could another past president be depicted in a Gothic way? Maybe George Washington could be depicted as a demon hunter!

No comments:

Post a Comment