Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2017

A Hairdresser Received a Shocking Confession From a Customer

"How do you like your hair?" Jazmine asked her new customer, "I think it really frames your face and the color complements your complexion."

"Yes," the customer agreed, "I've always wanted red hair. I love it!"

"Oh, good!" Jazmine helped the customer remove her apron and turned the chair for her so she could stand up. Lorraine was a walk-in who said she was new in town and eager to fit in. She looked to be in her forties, slightly stocky, but had a light step, a lot of energy and a dimply smile.

"I'll tell you a secret," Lorraine giggled, "I used to love in poverty. I spent ten years as a crack whore, and my pimp was a great marksman with an acute case of schizophrenia."

"Oh! Uh," Jazmine didn't know how to respond but wanted to remain courteous to her new customer. She pretended to straighten the bookshelf that held the style magazines for customers to browse as Lorraine told her story.

"I tired to escape a few times," Lorraine continued, "but he threatened to split my skull like a pumpkin on Halloween. One time he pointed a gun at my eye and threatened to turn me into a Jack-O-Lantern. He always said my head looked like a pumpkin. Do you think it does?"

Jazmine was planning to hedge the question, but Lorraine went on talking without waiting for a reply. 

"Yeah, he was a real cuckoo," she shook her head as she followed Jazmine to the register.

"How much do I owe you?" Lorraine set her purse on the counter to dig for her wallet.

Jazmine was so startled by Lorraine's confession that she messed up typing her password into the register and had to backspace and start over more than once. "That will be $45 today for the wash, color and trim."

"Nice!" Lorraine exclaimed as she swiped her card, "you must be having a sale today."

"As a matter of fact, we are having a special on hair color today," Jazmine handed Lorraine her receipt.

"Thanks," Lorraine slid her card and the receipt into her wallet. "Yeah, that pimp was a real creep. Completely cuckoo! The copse ended up killing him when he pulled a gun on them during a raid on the crack house.  Yup, those were the days, all right."

"Well," Jazmine walked her to the door and held it open for her, "have a nice day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment