Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Dear Heathcliff

Who better to ask for love advice than the greatest Byronic Hero of Gothic Literature ever? Do not take this advice seriously, it's for entertainment purposes only.

Dear Heathcliff,

I met this guy online a few years ago and we've been seeing each other ever since. We were living together for a while until I found out he was still seeing his ex girlfriend. In fact, they were even living together for a few months after we were first dating. They don't have any children or pets together so there's no reason for them to see each other at all. When I found out that I wasn't the only girl in his life after he said I was, I was very hurt and angry and moved out. Now he keeps calling me and begging me to forgive him and take him back. He says he's sorry and will give her up for good and that I'm the one he truly loves. I love him more than I've ever loved anyone and think of him as my soul mate. Do you think I should forgive him and take him back?

Lovesick in Lincoln


Dear Lovesick,

Your inability to perceive the situation as it truly is reminds me of my late wife Isabella. She too needed reality to knock her in the head several times before she would realize the truth of our relationship. Look at yourself in the glass and read your letter out loud to yourself. Imagine a friend is asking you for the same advice. How would you respond to that person? I hope you are now fully humiliated and are now aware of how weak your mind has been where this relationship is concerned.
When you moved out you should have moved on. If you love him more than you've loved anyone, you've made a big mistake. He does not love you and never will. If you think of him as your soul mate, your thinking is in error or you do not know the definition of soul mate. A soul mate is someone who is connected to you mind, body and spirit. This man is, obviously, keeping you and the other woman, and whoever else he wants, tethered to him with a leash of deceit. Therefore, the answer to your question is do what you want, I don't care.

Heathcliff

Would you like some love advice from Heathcliff? Post your question in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment