Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Walking Dead, Season One, Episode 1

Wow! Intense! I feel like I was the only person on the planet who doesn't watch The Walking Dead. Until now. I'm watching it on Netflix and what a good show! My best friend told me to stick with it, it starts out slow but gets really good. I thought it was good right from the start, not a slow scene in it. I think what was most striking was the utter silence only broken by sounds of nature which, for some reason, seem to amplify the silence. The whole range of emotions are are brought out in one short hour of watching. The scenery of the well established, well kept neighborhood, the green park, the attractive architecture and landscaping of the police station all horribly scarred by the death and disease of the zombies. Absolutely chilling. 

How was that top half of a female zombie accomplished? That was cool special effects at work. Were those real flies on the corpses? Were those real people playing the corpses like the dead lady on the floor of the farmhouse?

I know I'm going to like this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment